Friends of the Library
The Friends of University City Public Library is an organization that supports UCPL with financial contributions, which:
• Fund special programs for young people throughout the year;
• Purchase prizes for the children’s Summer Reading Program;
• Purchase new books for both children and adults;
• Help defray the cost of landscaping projects;
• Provide honoraria for evening programs;
• Purchase special pieces of equipment (such as new hotspots for circulation or bags for book club kits and outreach services).
Additionally, the Friends promote the Adopt-a-Book program, which encourages donations — often as a tribute or a memorial — for the purchase of library materials, and act as advocates for the Library. Because the library is a tax-supported institution, it can do no more than provide informational materials when important issues are put to the vote. The Friends, however, can actively campaign on the library’s behalf.
Become a Friend
Memberships are available at the following levels:
$10 Senior or Student Membership
$15 Annual Membership
You can reach the Friends by mail at:
Friends of the University City Public Library
6701 Delmar Blvd.
University City, MO 63130